- RSS Channel Showcase 4641514
- RSS Channel Showcase 6838439
- RSS Channel Showcase 8444212
- RSS Channel Showcase 5825657
Articles on this Page
- 02/25/10--07:27: _Singing
- 02/28/10--00:53: _Daily Nudge and news
- 03/23/10--05:39: _What makes a good c...
- 07/16/10--06:09: _I’d like to do a “C...
- 07/27/10--05:53: _PATTERN THEOLOGY
- 10/12/10--10:27: _Restlessness of Youth
- 11/29/11--04:38: _Churches are sprout...
- 05/16/13--17:33: _Six Things Young Pr...
- 07/01/14--07:39: _The site at the lin...
- 08/07/14--05:59: _Three great stories...
- 04/12/16--13:37: _4-15-2016 ...
- 06/12/16--05:13: _Anyone near Dyersbu...
- 02/25/10--07:27: Singing
- 02/28/10--00:53: Daily Nudge and news
- 03/23/10--05:39: What makes a good community? – JAM
- 07/16/10--06:09: I’d like to do a “Church of the Week….
- 07/27/10--05:53: PATTERN THEOLOGY
- 10/12/10--10:27: Restlessness of Youth
- 11/29/11--04:38: Churches are sprouting up faster than rabbits can…
- 05/16/13--17:33: Six Things Young Preachers Need to Know
- 07/01/14--07:39: The site at the link below replaces the…
- 08/07/14--05:59: Three great stories yesterday and today on BNc…
- 04/12/16--13:37: 4-15-2016 What Is The Church of Christ #5
- 06/12/16--05:13: Anyone near Dyersburg this morning?
I like the Bishop Street’s description of this part of their worship: Singing: This just might take your breath away. We’re pretty enthusiastic about the privilege of worship in song. If you feel comfortable, please join right in; there are no professionals here, just everybody pouring out hearts to God together. (And don’t worry if […]
Today’s Nudge: What stands out about your congregation? It’s always interesting to hear about positive qualities of the community of saints. Our hearts go out to the Chileans, in this moment of grief, shock and tragedy. A Brazilian on business in Chile, according to a newspaper here, said, “It was a giant monster that was […]
According to a Gallup-Healthways Well-Being Index, Boulder, Colorado, Holland, Michigan and Honolulu ranked first, second and third in the country as the happiest places to live. Boulder has fresh mountain air and we know what Honolulu offers, but what does Holland, Michigan have besides bitter cold and a struggling economy? Ask the 35,000 citizens and […]
I’d like to do a “Church of the Week.” Posting a link and a sliver of info on congregations once weekly. Anybody up to taking this on?
What is it that we mean by pattern? When Moses was told by the Lord to build the tabernacle in accordance with the pattern he saw on the mount (Exodus 25:40), did he have questions in his mind about the meaning of the word pattern? Evidently, some think that he should have; he should have […]
My article today discusses the restless nature of youth and how it can ruin their lives. We also need to consider what it can mean to our congregations. Read More
Churches are sprouting up faster than rabbits can multiply. That is the message from religious pollster George Barna according to the latest surveys. Americans have decided to remove God from the heart and store him in the closet. They are determined to believe what they choose and practice what they want. For every new public […]
When young men go into the ministry, they are ambitious and hopeful. They dream of saving countless souls and inspiring brethren immediately to become passionate and obedient. However, reality soon sets in, and they learn that working with humans is more complicated than they realized. These aspiring preachers learn some harsh lessons in the meantime […]
The site at the link below replaces the previous one on our fastmail account. http://church.tiddlyspace.com With the move, it has also been updated rather extensively to reflect the new work in Urbanova January, 2014.
Three great stories yesterday and today on BNc, and I didn’t write any of them. :) http://brotherhoodnews.com/2014/08/07/ http://brotherhoodnews.com/2014/08/06/
Before Jerusalem was destroyed, Jesus warned, “For many will come in My name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will deceive many” (Matthew 24:5 NKJV). Bible miracles, however, “are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that believing you may have life in His name” (John 20:31 […]
I’ll be speaking this morning near Dyersburg TN, specifically Newbern, at the Lemalsamac congregation. If you’re nearby, come and be with us. The meeting begins at 10 am. My sermon topic will be, “How to have the love of God in your life.” During the study hour, I’ll share recent news about the GoSpeak effort. […]